Friday, May 27, 2011

Dearest Winona

Let me just preface this with saying...Jake will probably kill me for posting this without his permission.  However, I am working on a blogging schedule but have yet to get it together.  And since I just started this little blog yesterday, I don't have it together.  I do have something planned for Fridays.  You will have to wait until next Friday to witness it.  So with that, here is a letter that Jake wrote to Winona before she was born.  It gives me a little tear in my eye when I read it.  I doubt you will share the same sentiment but it's sweet nonetheless.
And by the way...my grammar and spelling are less than parr so bare with me while we take this blogging journey.  Please and thank you!

Hey baby!
     You've been in your Mom's belly for about eight weeks at this point.  Maybe seven.  It's almost impossible for anyone to pinpoint the date exactly.  We found out about you a little under three weeks ago, and we couldn't be more excited!  Your mom and I are thrilled that you are going to be joining our family!  In fact it is you that will be making us an actual family.  We have our first midwife appointment in a little over a week at which time we will be able to hear your little heartbeat.  We've been tracking your growth.  Last week, you were the size of a blueberry, and this week you are our little lima bean baby!  Next week you'll be grape-sized!  Sometimes, because you are growing so quickly, your mom gets a little sick, but se's getting used to you being there, I think.  She can smell everything really intensely.  We are trying to start getting ready for your arrival.
      We've already picked out your name.  We hope you like it.  If you are a boy, we are going to call you Henry Miller Allen.  Henry Miller is your mom's grandfather's name.  It's also the name of my favorite author.  Now if you are a girl we are going to call you Winona Tansy Allen, which is Native American for "first-born flower."  We thought that was really cute!  We will be really happy after this doctors appointment, to know that you are healthy!  You've got a bunch of people out here who can't wait to meet you!  We love you so much already!  I will write to you again soon.
          Love Dad

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Doh! Pulling at my heartstrings, Jake. That's the sweetest!