Thursday, May 26, 2011

Growing Up


These days seem to be flying by and I am having trouble keeping up. My sweet baby girl is almost 15 months old. She is not the small baby that fit into the crook of my arm. Sometimes, I see how long she will let me hold her like she is that tiny baby. Not for long. She is a "big girl." She wants to be on her own already. I see it when she looks at me and says "bye" and takes off running. I know that I am raising her to be independent...but she has quite a long way to go. As happy as it makes me to see little Winona growing and learning and spreading her wings, it makes me a little sad as well when she doesn't need me.
And then there are the moments where I celebrate my freedom as well!! When she takes an extra long nap, or sleeps throughout the night, I do a little dance.
Being her mother has been the best, most challenging, and most rewarding gift. I'm not sure that anything will ever top it. I went from being a city/party girl to a country mama. And I have to say that I couldn't be happier.

3 comments:

weo. said...

you guys give me hope that fairytales do come true. keep that girl in plaid... and keep us updated.
this blog reminds me of when i was in my one and only beauty pagent at age 4. all the kids were doing the catwalk with their mothers holding their hands, and when my mom came to take mine, i told her i could do it, and to go sit down and watch me.
i still make her cry pretty often with my independence, but she's always home base.

Elizabeth said...

Me likey! I think it looks really good!

I'm so looking forward to seeing what kind of personality Magnolia has and her showing her independence. But dangit, it's going toooo fast!

amanda jo said...

I am glad that you are doing this blog! it helps us down in alabama to keep track of all the going ons in your life :) love you bethy!