Monday, May 30, 2011

Etsy Love

     I don't know about you, but I just can't get enough of Etsy.  It sometimes seems that everywhere I look, everything is mass produced.  Hundreds of carbon copy products lined up on the shelves in a grand marketing scheme to make shoppers want to buy, buy, BUY!
     However, shopping Etsy promotes a genuine craftsmanship and supports individual artisans over big box stores.  I love it.  I'm hooked.  So here are some of my latest finds...
  
   These little stuffed animals over at tiddlywinks have absolutely stolen my heart.  I am so into the way she mixes prints and fabrics on these adorable little animals.  I know Winona would love to kiss on one of these babies.  
    Give me, give me, give me!!!  If you know a little baby girl, then you MUST get her a pair of these.   Gracious May has some of the sweetest little shoes I've ever seen.  There are so many prints sure to fit into any lucky girls wardrobe.  
         I actually have the pleasure of being friends with the owner of Space Lotus Studio, and let me just say that she takes so much pride in her tie dyes.  They are so creative and freakin' cute to boot!  I wish Winona had each of the little dresses and t-shirts to add to her already gigantic wardrobe.
       How beautiful is this crochet vest?  Let me just say, I will own this vest soon because I MUST have it!!!  Ermclothing has a gorgeous collection of crochet vests in black and white at amazingly reasonable prices.  Actually more reasonable than many other mass produced vests I have seen in stores.  It would look so pretty paired with a little sundress and some sandals.  
    This is possibly one of the coolest stores I have come across thus far.  Cubit's sells organic, rare, and heirloom seeds.  If you know anything about Monsanto and the terminator seed controversy then you know how important it is for us to continue to plant and save good seeds.  This little store is doing just that and I intend to fully support their business and others like it.  (I did link it with Wikipedia-and let me just add that you should do some research outside of Wikipedia as it is definitely not the always the most reliable source.  But it can suffice for a quick reference.)
   
     
      Have a great Memorial Day-Bethy






1 comment:

Robyn said...

Awesome...thanks a ton for the shout out!