Thursday, September 15, 2011

Ginger Buttermilk Pie

Okay, So this pie is da bomb!  No.  Really.  When I first heard of a buttermilk pie, the idea of it was strange.  The reality of it is uh-maze-ing!!  Jake has me make it for cookouts and dinner parties quite often. The only downside is I rarely get to eat as much as I'd like!
 Ingredients
2 Tbsp flour
1 Cup Sugar
3 Large eggs, beaten
4 oz. unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 Cup cultured buttermilk
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp ground ginger (I use 1 1/2 in my pies)
Premade pie crust or homemade pie crust

Preheat oven to 425° F.
 Combine sugar and remaining 2 tbsp of flour, add the eggs, melted butter, buttermilk, lemon juice, and ginger.  Mix very briefly.  Don't let it get frothy.

Pour filling into pie shell and bake for 10 minutes.  Reduce the temp to 350° F and bake about 20 minutes longer, until a fork comes out clean.  Let cool for about an hour and serve at room temp.
For some reason I didn't snap a picture of the final products.  Booooo.

1 comment:

Jhesika Menes said...

totally trying this! thx for sharing