Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Carolina Weekend Adventure

This past weekend we decided to get away to North Carolina.  We have a beautiful family with which we have become friends.  We drove down on Friday for a glorious Fourth of July weekend.  It was so relaxing.  On a personal level, I really felt like it was good for me to be around a mother that I really connect with.  I'll talk about her and her beautiful family more in just a second.  
For now....LOOK at those fruits and veggies.  We went to a gigantic farmers market.  I was like a kid in a candy store.  I wanted, wanted, wanted.  It was endless amounts of produce and I had a hard time making a decision of what I wanted to take home.  I walked away with some blackberries (my favorite) and some sweet Carolina peaches.
 Most of the time was spent with one another.  Relaxing and laughing.  Sharing stories and building relationships.  Elizabeth of Magnolia's Graces and Brian have two beautiful children.  Hayden is smart, funny and charismatic.  Maggie (four months) is curious, smiley and makes you want to start making some more babies...AHHHH.  Okay, maybe not yet, but I was suffering from some serious baby lust.


 Hayden's smiley little face.
 Loving some hummus...always.

We enjoyed being outside as much as possible.  It is the blazing hot of summer.  Elizabeth made a "pool" for little Winz and the boys enjoyed squirting each other with water guns as a way to try to keep cool.
 Sidewalk chalk!!
Winona love, love, loved Hayden and Maggie.  Elizabeth and I decided that Maggie and Winnie are to be best friends.  We have pre-arranged it.  They shall be pen pals, college roommates, bridesmaids in each others wedding.  Okay, okay....maybe I'm jumping ahead of myself, but really.  No for real. 
 Kitchen party/Sweet baby kisses
 The Fourth was spent amongst friends in a glorious pool...and we've decided we must get one.  Winona loved floating free and I loved not sweating outside.  Now it is all I can think about.  We don't even know anyone around here with a pool.  I couldn't remember the last time I'd been swimming and it was quite a pleasure.
 Beautiful Mama and Baby Magnolia
 That night we lit a few low key fireworks, put the babes to bed, and enjoyed our last night of hanging out.  Our big party went down with a pint of ice cream for each of us.  
I couldn't have asked for a better holiday weekend.  Thank you Elizabeth, Brian, Hayden and sweet baby Magnolia.  We can't wait to see you guys again!
 Happy July Fourth!!!

2 comments:

Aunt Lisa said...

Winnie has gotten so big...and tan..lol. I'm glad yall had a great time, wished you were here but glad to have updates on whats going on. I can't believe how pretty you look! I love you Bethy-lou

Bethy said...

Thank you Aunt Lisa. We had a great visit.. She is getting so BIG and she holds a better tan than I do.