Monday, July 25, 2011

Dear Winona

Yesterday we went to the park and it hit me, exactly how big you are getting.  You no longer needed me and Papa the same as you used to.  You were able to play more independently than ever before.  You even went down the slide by yourself.  You are growing so fast.  
Since the minute you were born, I have tried to soak in every second of who you are in the moment,  knowing that it is all so fleeting and who you were yesterday is not who you are today.  Every day of your life you will need me less and less... and as much as it stings sometimes, it is what I am raising you to do.  
I am astounded at how beautiful you are.  You have always been beautiful to me, but every day I think you have grown more so.  I have stared at you for a year and a half and I haven't gotten tired of it yet.  I could watch you sleep all night.  And I think I love you more every day.  If that is even possible.  I'd never known love like ours before you came.  There is no love greater than the love a mother has for her child.  I don't think my heart is big enough to contain it and it might explode.  

You are so smart.  Lately, it seems you pick up a new word every few days.  And even without words, you are wonderful at communicating what you want and need.  You mimic everything we do and you are Mama And Papa's little helper.  
You are also so sweet and loving.  You like to cuddle and give lots of kisses.  You like to give our dog, Maya, kisses and hugs.  You have started saying "I love you."  It's not very clearly "I love you," but Papa and I know what your saying.  
Your also so very funny.  Papa and I am constantly laughing with you.  You have a fake laugh that you do when everyone in a room starts laughing and you don't know why.  You dance around the room and twirl in circles until you fall down.  Your quite silly.  It is one of my favorite things about you and I hope you never stop being silly.
I love you more today than I did yesterday.
Love, Your Mama

2 comments:

Yajaira Jaume Miller said...

I am so grateful for the way you are doing this Blog... I can follow every step and imagine all of you in this beautiful journey. Love you!

Jhesika Menes said...

truly made me want to cry. so lovely.