Monday, August 29, 2011

i like to ride my bicycle

Yesterday evening we took our bikes for a nice ride down the C&O canal for a dinner picnic.  Our friend Devin rode out with us to enjoy the dinner.  We have been riding a few times a week.  Mine and Jake's anniversary was this past Thursday and I got a basket for my bike.  Woo Hoo!!  But yesterday was the first time we've been able to make a stop and have a picnic.
It was also our farthest trip so far.  We rode 8 miles.  Now that may not seem like a lot to you, but for this out of shape woman, it was far!  Plus our bikes are only cruisers so we really had to work it.  On the way back, we were chasing the daylight and I was about to die.  Today my thighs are killing me!
For our picnic, we stopped at a little white house out in the woods.  It was perfect.  I packed peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, strawberries, cherries, cheese, oranges, carrots and hummus.  It was good food to make the trip back.
 I love my bike.
 The C&O Canal is such a beautiful place to ride.
 We picked the perfect place to have our picnic.



 Since I am so sore, I should probably get out there and ride another 8 miles tomorrow, when I'm hurting even worse than I am today.  Yikes.

2 comments:

Whitneywaka said...

That sounds like it was a sweet and nice day! You have such a cute life!

Jocelyn said...

What a cute bike!! Danny & I were avid cyclers before Maddie was born! I can't wait to get back on my bike! =]