Monday, June 20, 2011

Dedicated to the Best Dad Ever! {Photo Heavy}

     When we found out we were pregnant, I think I screamed some curse words, and Jake jumped up and down and gave a big WOOHOO.  I was shocked for days and he was overjoyed right from the start.   I couldn't have asked for a better partner or father for my child.
    
 Besides the fact that he financially provides for us, there isn't much that I do that he doesn't.  (Except for breastfeed.)  He changes diaper after diaper...and poopy diapers at that.  But it's bigger than that.  It's much more than the money and "the doing."
    Winona is a Daddy's girl and for right reasons.  Her Papa is amazing.  I can see how much he absolutely adores her, and she him.  He will spend hours playing with her in the floor and reading to her.  There is a child-like quality that he possesses with her that I don't have.  It's when he plays with her that I see this side come out.  It is as if he never forgot how to play...and sometimes I think I have. 
    She loves to crawl all over him as if he were a jungle gym.  When he enters the room her little face lights up like the morning sky.  I know that I may never get her to giggle the way that he does.  They have a special bond, Father and Daughter.  One that I may never be in on but I love to witness.  I love watching their love grow.
     Here is a little flashback of their so-far life together:
The first time Jake held Winona.
 
 Best Dad Ever, circa 1983.









     Papa, we love you.  We love waking up and seeing your face every morning.  One of our favorite things is getting to cuddle with you before we go to bed and when we wake up. We love going on adventures with you.  Thank you for everything you do for us.  Making us smile and laugh.  
    Jake, you make my cup runneth over.  You are perfect in every way and I am so blessed to have you in our lives.  Happy Father's Day sweetheart.  

2 comments:

justin hudson said...

that's an awesome post for an awesome guy.

Bethy said...

Thanks Justin! We missed you at the farm last weekend.