Monday, June 6, 2011

Weekend Adventures

     It's been SO hot for the last week or so.  Really its been too hot to even be outside.  We went to DC on Tuesday and we had to leave early because we couldn't handle the heat.  There was also word that people were passing out.  So when the temperature dropped about 10 degrees, we got our butts outside to soak up the sun.  
     I just can't get enough of that little white dress and those boots!!!  Winnie received compliments all day.  She's also working on a pretty good tan.  I was hoping she would get her father's tanning abilities.  She is darker than me.  (So sad)
     This weekend was pretty relaxing.  (In this case, that's a better word for LAZY!!)  Saturday we hung out with some friends and watched the kids explore the outdoors.  All the boys and Winona (can we get some girls around here?  seriously.) were very intrigued by a snail.  I love watching Jake give Winona little lessons in nature.  He adores spending time with her outside.  And I do too.  But, its kind of his thing. These are such sweet moments.  
The Snail.  =)
     Keenan and Denali found an earthworm.  A BIG, fat earthworm.  Keenan touched it and touched it until it didn't want to move anymore.  Maybe it was having a heart attack.  Maybe he thought, "If I look like I'm dead they will leave me alone."  
    If you have been around Winona then you know that she is obsessed with bubbles.  She loves the word "bubbles."  She loves to try to blow bubbles.  She loves to have people blow bubbles at her.  She loves to pretend she is blowing bubbles.  She even loves to play a bubble app on Jake's iphone.  
     Sunday was spent being ultra lazy and lounging around on the couch.  I didn't take any pictures but I as I think back, I need more pictures of us just being home and loving on each other.  Because I don't have enough pictures.  (sense the sarcasm there?)  

2 comments:

Rita Bird said...

Winnie looks like you in the pic where she is trying to blow bubbles. Ah. Sweetness.

Elizabeth said...

i love her!!!

tell jake to download the instagram app for his iphone so he can take lotsa cute pictures of his pretty ladies! it's totally addictive!