Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Farm Vacation Weekend

     Helloooooo!!!!  I'm back.  I really thought I could manage to do my weekend post last night, or this morning.  I also completely overestimated my ability to hang, or maybe it was my ability to drink that I overestimated.  Regardless, it has taken me forever to recuperate.  I'm still exhausted.  And I had one of the best times eva.  In foreva and eva.  
     We flew into Atlanta Thursday morning and had a wonderful sushi dinner with friends.  It was so great to see everyone.  Friday morning we headed up to Tennessee to spend the weekend at my dear friends, The Mullery's, farm.  Three hundred and fifty acres of absolute bliss.  I think if I could stay in one place forever and be perfectly content, I'd choose the farm.  We also decided that we want to bring Winona to the farm every summer.   I want her to grow up riding four wheelers, swimming and paddle boating in the lake, riding horses, and soaking in the fresh farm air.  
      It was a weekend filled with many firsts.  Winona saw her first sunrise, smelled her first skunk, had her first outdoor bath, had her first time on a four wheeler and her first time on a boat.  We tried baked potatoes with hummus for the first time (thanks to our friend Robby) and decided that is how we will eat them from now on.  Winona spent the entire weekend naked and loving it.  
     We were all carefree kids for the weekend.  I haven't got on a slip n slide in years, or drank so much whiskey for that matter (I'm still paying for that).  We stayed up late and hung out around the bonfire every single night.  We grilled out and cooked and I ate entirely too much (I'm still paying for that as well).  Overall, it was nothing short of amazing.  

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

LOVE! I'm jealz for real! And that last pic of Winona...Amazing!!