Monday, June 27, 2011

Weekend Adventures

         I was really a slacker this weekend and managed to not take any pictures with our good camera. I'm sorry, you will have to settle for iphone pictures.  Wah-waaaah.  
         On Saturday we went to a festival.  There were 40 local artist and restaurants and there were bands playing all day long.  It was a beautiful day.  AND I got no pictures of the entire day.  I did get Winona the cutest fall dress.  I would post a picture of it but you will have to wait until she wears it for a Fashion Friday.  (I do realize that I missed this past Fashion Friday.  I had an off week and was feeling less than fashionable.  Sorry.) 
Little Winz enjoying her dinner.

     Yesterday morning we got up and headed to our local farmers market.  We bought some local bratwurst (which we ate for lunch when we got home.) and a basket full of bing cherries.  We bought some of these cherries last week and needless to say, we needed some more.  They are that delicious.  We have been munching on them every day.

   Our chickens have had a farely small run and we decided it was time to expand it.  We also clipped their wings.  Jake held them upside down and I cut them.  I can't believe I did it.  I was so scared but now I know how to clip chicken wings and it was no big deal.  
    We let the chickens free range in the yard and Winona had the best time chasing them around.  She talks to the chickens and says "Bawk, bawk, bawk."  She also calls them Maya.  That's our dog.  
    Overall, it was a pretty wonderful and relaxing weekend.  I promise to be more fashionable this week. Also, I'm excited to let you know that Jake will be guest blogging from time to time.  Tomorrow he will be posting a blog on keeping chickens.  He loves those chickens.  
Crayons as nails.  Crafty.
Our first garden harvest.  Eggplant and some green beans.
Summertime!
    

1 comment:

amanda jo said...

Cant wait to hear what Jake has to say about chickens! Ray will not let me have any :(